Wednesday 17 February 2010

Indulging on Fat Tuesday

Some of you know that I partake in Lent. This year I will be giving up cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and the like. Lately, I have been going a little crazy eating them in large amounts. I've done this before, so I should be alright.


Yesterday was Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras. I celebrated with some friends at a local bar, The Coffee Table Lounge. The food is decent. They serve beers and wines for the most part. However, I also saw some Soju cocktails. I went with wine for the night. I ordered the Bleu Cheese Burger, with fries. I wasn't too impressed with this burger. They put a little too much Bleu cheese for my taste. But I almost finished the whole thing. I can't let food go to waste like that... The fries are good there. I had a bite of the chili cheese fries and the Parmesan fries as well. I gotta say, those Parmesan fries were really good. I could eat a whole basket to myself.

I went next door to their other cafe area, and got myself a vanilla cupcake, a red velvet cupcake, and a double chocolate cookie. They look DELICIOUS here, but they are actually so-so/meh. CUPCAKES: the cake part is good. The frosting is too sweet. I ended up scraping most of it off and eating all of the cake part. COOKIE: too crumbly and nothing special about it. I would have finished all of it if it didn't crumble in my hands.

All in all, I'd say go for the food rather than the sweets at Coffee Table. Probably the beer, too. They have a pretty huge beer selection.. just looking at that menu.

But farewell to my loves: cupcakes, cookies, brownies, macaroons, and the like. We'll meet again soon.

2 comments:

  1. kerin and i went there friday while waiting for you guys, and the beer selection there is great. good international and craft brew selection. good selection of draught beers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there!!!!

    ReplyDelete