Tuesday 4 August 2009

Definitely a HIT!

My cousin and I stumbled into this place unexpectedly. I could not make the decision of where to eat... like always. It was one of those days where I would drive somewhere, and we would figure it out. We ended up here at EL FLORIDITA. We were on Vine near the Arclight, and it was either Magnolia or this place. Being obsessed with South American-ish food, I decided we'd try this place out.



The outside looks not-so-great. But once we opened the door and entered, we were surprised to find nice decor which didn't even match the outside. Everything on the menu sounded DELICIOUS! I could hardly make up my mind. We decided on an CROQUETAS CON CHICHARRITAS as an appetizer. The croquettes were filled with chicken. And the plantain chips had some lemony-butter sauce drizzled over it. They also gave us bread while we waited for our entrees. The bread was amazing: so fluffy! I was already nearing full, and our entrees came out.



I had 1/2 POLLO ASADO A LA CUBANA. And my cousin had something similar except fried: 1/2 POLLO FRITO CON MOJO. Both were very good! The CUBANA was extremely tender, and the FRITO CON MOJO was the same but crunchy on the outside. I ate maybe 1/4 of my plate. It barely looked like I touched my food at all! But yup, pretty amazing, I'd say...

It's so awesome to randomly go to a place not knowing whether or not you get a hit or miss. This most definitely is a HIT! Woooo!

* Again, cell phone pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment