Thursday 30 July 2009

Tropicalia in Los Feliz


Tropicalia on Hillhurst. I have been eyeing this place on Yelp for a while. And I've finally tried it out. The place is small, but their food is pretty good. Somehow, I've been on a South American food-roll. I've tried two Peruvian places, and now Brazilian. What's next?

Anyway, I tried their Chicken Tropicalia Molhado: Grilled half (de-boned) chicken topped with tomato, malagueta and cilantro sauce, served with farofa. I don't know what malagueta is or farofa, but as always I will try anything. I was served a huge plate of food, and I finished it (though I shouldn't have). The chicken was tender and still juicy. The plate is really about the sauce and farofa. I mixed it with every bite of my chicken and rice, and it's like the best combination in your mouth EVER.

I was pretty content with the main dish, and I really didn't need to stuff anymore food in my mouth. However, we decided to look at their desserts. We ended up ordering the Brazilian Banana Split. This was basically the same thing as a normal banana split, but they used plantains. This was delicious! They served a very generous amount of ice cream, caramel, plantains, fudge, and whipped cream.

Yup, after all that food... I'm falling into food coma heaven.



** Please excuse the pictures. I did not have my digital camera with me, so I had to settle with my camera on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment