Sunday 9 August 2009

Being a true fatass at KBBQ festival in Los Angeles



This guy's face is classic. There was an AYCE (All-You-Can-Eat) contest, and several guys were competing to see how many Choco pies can be devoured within 4 minutes. Anyhow, that is how I felt after eating about 4 plates of Korean BBQ: like a CHAMPION, or more realistically - DEFEATED.



Deagle and I went to KBBQ fest in Koreatown in Los Angeles. A hot summer day, traffic on Vermont and Wilshire, and you could smell that awesomeness of KBBQ in the air. This was the first ever KBBQ fest held in LA, so they run the risk of being highly unorganized and having way too many people in one small place. That was the very case, but I still found it enjoyable. There are many things I could complain about: longass lines, not enough shade, and too many people... but that was overridden by eating from 4 different restaurants specializing in KBBQ. Stomach = happy.

Now let's remember that only maybe a month ago, I was pretty much a vegetarian and sometimes eating fish. I cannot say this enough: I AM SO GLAD I AM EATING MEAT AGAIN. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely do the veggie/fish diet...but nothing beats BBQ on hot summer days.

I tried 4 different restaurants KBBQ: Beverly Soon Tofu, Ham Ji Park, Jinju Pork, and Park's BBQ. My only real goal was to try PARK'S BBQ. And TRUST, I did, and the rumors are right: they are really the best. The other three were pretty good, but by far Park's blows those out of the water. The meat is SOOOOOOOOOO tender, and the marinate is perfect. So if you are ever in Los Angeles, and craving some awesome KBBQ... try out Park's BBQ on Vermont in Koreatown. I don't think you will be disappointed.



I'm pretty sure I fatass-ed it up enough yesterday. I only ate once that day...in a way: I ate from 3pm-5pm. No breakfast, and I didn't even really have dinner. We even took a plate of KBBQ and some other small dishes home cause we couldn't even finish those last few plates. However, Deagle did eat that last plate later that night. I had maybe one or two pieces of the KBBQ, and I could hardly stuff it down my throat. Maybe I'm not that much of a fatass. But no, come on... I ate about 4 plates of KBBQ. That's pretty fatass-worthy.


Advice to you, reader:
when at a food festival, eat a lot and be a fatass. You will have a major food coma, but your stomach will be on cloud 9. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment